Based in Guildford, DPS Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior UI Tech Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
You will be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead UI Artist, Art Director and Art Production Director to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
You will bring your excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
We are looking for someone with a good sense of humour who can integrate themselves seamlessly into our team and studio culture.
You will report to the Lead UI Artist/Art Production Director
What will you do?
- Implement graphically appealing and innovative UI designs within Unreal Engine
- Develop Unreal Prototypes and Blueprints to implement UI designs
- Work in close collaboration with UX design, UI and technical teams together with the Art & UI Directors
- Work with shaders, lighting and other graphics elements of UI
What are we looking for?
- Experience with Unreal Engine with at least 1 full production cycle behind you
- Development of UI prototypes using Blueprints
- Knowledge of working with 2D and 3D assets
- Working knowledge of shaders, lighting and VFX
- Working knowledge of asset optimisation and rendering
- Experience implementing graphically innovative UI
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Good knowledge of motion graphics in Adobe After Effects or a 3D package
- Working knowledge of 3D applications 3DS Max or Maya
- Experience working with Figma
- Scripting (After Effects)
- Knowledge of 3ds Max
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Guildford include:
- 5 weeks of Annual Leave per calendar year
- Dog-friendly office
- Onsite canteen (with an endless supply of snacks and beverages)
- Video game areas, Warhammer painting station, a bespoke D&D table, Adjustable height desks
- Wellbeing perks (Mental Health Days, Dedicated Well-being room, Team of Mental Heath First Aiders, Professional counseling)
- Health Insurance (including family coverage), Life Insurance, Pension contribution
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Employee discounts
- Personal Gaming Account
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - you can recommend the best talents to the Company and receive a reward
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 25 years of experience on the market
- To learn more about our studio in Guildford, follow this link: https://dpsgames.com/studio
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.