Within our Creative Research team, you will work at the intersection of game development and Machine Learning areas. As a Game Software Engineer, you will be part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms. You will work on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers.
The ideal candidate won’t just help us to solve tasks, but will bring a new knowledge and experience to the team. We are looking for a new team member with strong interpersonal skills and a combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and accountability.
Responsibilities entail working on features for various games and cross-platform engines, offering you the chance to engage with cutting-edge technologies prevalent in the gaming industry. Your primary mission is to deliver state-of-the-art Machine Learning solutions that elevate our game development processes.
What will you do?
- Create tools, features and engine components to required coding standards and within
different game engines and for different platforms.
- Modify game code to allow effective implementation of ML algorithms,
- Collaborate with other ML and game teams to industrialize Machine Learning solutions into
innovative products and business processes, to establish, hook up and test end-to-end
- Design, maintain, implement, test and debug code
Who are we looking for?
- Experience in game development industry
- 6+ years of total commercial programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with C/C++ programming languages
- Experience with Python programming
- Proven experience with 3D graphics programming / physics
- Experience working with large code bases
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience with memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Teamwork experience, ability to work independently as well as in small teams with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical team members
- Fluency in English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in the Unreal Engine using Both C/C++ and Blueprints
- Experience in custom engines
- Experience programming for current or older generation consoles (PS4/XB1/PS5/XBX)
- Experience programming for PC games
- Familiarity with network/messaging (TCP, UDP, RESTful API, etc.), knowledge of multiplayer gameplay systems and network replication
- Experience programming with scripting languages (Bash, Lua etc.)
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Berlin include:
- Unlimited leave upon Manager's approval
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- Home internet reimbursement
- Gym membership through Urban Sports Club - Package M
- Language classes
- Company pension scheme with a company contribution up to 150 EUR per month
- Personal Gaming Account
- Coffee, fruits, and snacks in the office
- Company events
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.