Wargaming invites a Principal level artist to join its top AAA project - World of Tanks! We are looking for an expert who will strengthen our team and who wants to express himself in exciting projects.
It's a two-times Guinness award-winning vehicle action game with a 110-million army of loyal fans. World of Tanks is a cultural phenomenon that has entertained players worldwide for around 12 years!
We believe we have a solid and involved team that continually strives to be on the edge of the gaming industry. We are extremely passionate about Art and always looking for innovative ways and approaches to bring our ideas and vision to World of Tanks gamers.
We are a team of professionals who value a friendly, supportive atmosphere and innovation in our work. Here, you will find the opportunity to create unique gaming worlds.
What will you do?
- Lead by example by showing top-notch level of quality
- Define the key visual style of locations based on the overall narrative and game geometry
- Create, assemble the key elements, and determine lighting intentions on the map to fit with the art direction
- Prototyping and building rough maps of the levels with Level Designers and Art Director to help establish visual targets
- Set-dressing and integration of assets into the game levels
- Effectively collaborate within teams across different departments when conflicting issues arise
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in Level Art and in the gaming industry with at least 3 AAA shipped
- Strong narrative and environmental storytelling skills
- Deep understanding of composition/ lighting theory and the balance of positive-negative space.
- Experience in classical Level Art, set-dressing, and lighting setups
- High level of independence which requires little oversight with a proven ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
- Mentorship and education of other team members
- Proactive help with evaluating and solving performance issues
- Showing a strong sense of creativity and problem-solving skills
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Classical art education and landscape painting skills.
- Knowledge of PBR materials principles and procedural techniques for content creation and placement.
Benefits and perks are tailored to the local market and culture. Our benefits in Nicosia include:
- 21 days holiday (additional days based on years of service: up to 25 days) + 15 days as public holidays
- Paid Sick Leave up to a certain number of days, Marriage Leave
- Career development and education opportunities within the company
- English language courses fully covered by the company upon Manager's approval
- Premium Private Health Care
- Onsite gym and spa
- Free parking
- Free drinks-equipped kitchen in every floor building
- Hellenic Bank benefits
- Employee discounts (e.g. restaurants, bars, etc.)
- Personal Gaming Account
- Onsite canteen with subsidized prices for food and drinks
- Company events, Social Clubs
- Seniority Awards
- Referral program - You can recommend the best talents to the company and receive a reward
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 16 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.