At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for a talented and passionate Regional Workplace Health, Safety and Compliance Manager. The ideal candidate will provide overall leadership and management of health, safety and compliance for our studios in Dundee, Edinburgh, Leeds, Lincoln, and London. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Workplace Services Team (WPS) is responsible for ensuring the workplace, building, facilities, and services work harmoniously together to support the core business.
- We create a creative, supportive, and safe working environment for the staff at Rockstar.
- We manage and develop both hard and soft facilities services, including building maintenance, security, cleaning, catering, and space utilisation and strategy.
- We ensure the site complies with all relevant guidance and legislation.
- We partner with senior leadership to drive proactive real estate growth strategies, leasehold improvement, and capital expenditure projects.
- Responsible for the coordinated delivery of Workplace Services Health, Safety and Compliance across Rockstar sites in the UK.
- Execute and support the development of Workplace Services strategy, setting standards for quality and efficiency of services and ensure these are followed through by the team.
- Drive innovation and standardisation where relevant through continuous improvement of people, systems, and processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain health and safety policies and procedures auditing and monitoring continuously.
- Procure and develop external safety resources to bolster the knowledge and skills.
- Overseeing risk assessment processes, supporting, or completing RAs where needed and communicating control measures to those at risk.
- Responsible for undertaking fire, first aid, welfare, COSHH and general risk assessments as well as carrying out workplace compliance assessments.
- Working with other stakeholders, create, manage and deliver training programs in order to manage risks eg first aid, manual handing, fire safety.
- Alongside HR and other stakeholders, create a DSE programme for in office and home working in order to be compliant within the UK.
- Report and investigate accidents and incidents, determining root cause, preparing incident reports, and communicating lessons learned.
- Create the framework for emergency response planning and influencing stakeholders in documentation, conducting drills and managing emergency situations.
- Foster a culture of safety through effective communication with a variety of stakeholders, promoting awareness and understanding of health and safety protocols.
- Act as key Health and Safety stakeholder for construction projects within the UK providing advice where required.
- Stay up to date with relevant health and safety regulations and ensure company compliance.
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent vocational education and experience.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 3 in Fire Safety, or equivalent.
- Membership of IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health)/IWFM (Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management) or equivalent.
- 8+ years’ experience working within a Health and Safety role, ideally supporting multi-site.
- Hands-on leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- Experience partnering with HR and other support functions.
- Demonstrable experience working in a health & safety role.
- Competency and experience of undertaking fire, first aid, welfare and COSHH risk assessments.
- Experience in helping drive positive cultural change.
- Strategic planning in developing Health and Safety within an organisation
- Process-driven and outcome-focused. Always looking for quality improvement.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- A detail oriented, flexible self-starter with strong initiative, excellent organisational and multitasking skills.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to create a sense of fun and motivate a team whilst upholding standards and maintaining discipline.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Sound financial and IT skills.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent planning and project management skills with the ability to consider things from multiple angles.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- NEBOSH Diploma (or working towards).
- Previous experience within similarly creative industries – video games, film, television, music – would be beneficial.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.