At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking a dedicated Email Marketing Manager to join the Marketing team in our NYC office to facilitate the planning, execution, completion, and ongoing success of our email campaigns. We are looking for a creative, technically savvy, proactive, and dedicated individual to own the operational, tactical, and strategic lifecycle of email communications that are sent to Rockstar Games players and customers. This is a full-time, in-person position based in Rockstar’s NYC headquarters in downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Marketing Team develops and executes all go-to-market campaigns and persistent Online games programming across Rockstar Games’ suite of titles.
- We are responsible for leading the strategic planning and creative execution for all facets of promoting and selling our titles including creative video and static asset development, product packaging, social media, events, partnerships, promotions, retail, and much more.
- We are the key gatekeepers of the Rockstar Games brand, ensuring brand guidelines are adhered across all channels and overseeing all extensions of the Rockstar Games brand through all consumer touchpoints.
- We work closely with teams across all of publishing and the worldwide development studios to ensure seamless execution of plans internally, in our game titles and across the world, including the always on marketing of our Online game titles, Grand Theft Auto Online and Red Dead Online.
- We support our employees with a culture of career development, safety, and inclusion.
- Responsible for managing all mass email communications from Rockstar Games to players, including marketing, e-commerce, membership, and customer service campaigns.
- Develop schedules, marketing strategies, and distribution techniques to execute email campaigns that successfully engage players and drive value.
- Create strategies to grow the Rockstar Games email list subscriber base, increase subscriber engagement with our messages, and boost the overall value of the email channel.
- Oversee all aspects of campaign creation, including writing, design, localization, and technical development.
- Manage the end-to-end subscription process and all email lists.
- Run constant and thorough testing measures to ensure campaigns are delivered as intended and optimized for both the largest audience and best possible user experience.
- Generate and analyze data from email campaigns to identify strengths, weaknesses, and future opportunities.
- Oversee the strategy and execution of transactional (e-commerce, customer support, account information) emails to ensure relevancy, timeliness, and effectiveness while also maintaining best practices and compliance measures.
- Work closely with other members of marketing, communications, and technology teams to implement, measure, and advance email campaigns.
- Ensure all campaigns are aligned with Rockstar Games overall strategy, branding, and marketing goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Computer Science, Marketing, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience directly developing email marketing strategy and cadence, with a proven record of launching successful campaigns.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other large list management platforms with automated customer journey capabilities (ActiveCampaign, HubSpot, MailChimp, etc.).
- Experience with A/B or multivariate testing in emails.
- Familiarity with Litmus, Email on Acid, or similar tools for email inbox rendering and compatibility testing.
- Familiarity with project management software (monday.com, JIRA, etc.)
- General awareness of sender reputation and deliverability tools like Validity, MailMonitor, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams.
- Solid understanding of email analytics and KPIs, for reporting as well as optimizing campaigns for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS with a strong eye for design.
- Experience with SQL.
- Ability to spot emerging trends in marketing and consumer messaging, and suggest strategies for implementation.
- Understanding of data security and regulatory measures that apply to consumer email marketing (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, etc.).
- Understanding of Customer Relationship Management systems.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with AMPScript, Customer Data Platforms, and/or AWS email services.
- Professional experience working in gaming or entertainment.
- Avid gamer with a passion for Rockstar Games titles.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is committed to creating a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity and respect. In line with this commitment, Rockstar will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in order for such applicants to be considered for the position for which they are applying, as well as to qualified employees to enable them to perform the essential functions of their roles. If you need more information about Rockstar’s reasonable accommodation policies or process, or need to request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.