At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New York is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer who has a strong understanding of Windows systems and an inclination to automate repetitive tasks and develop tooling. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in the heart of downtown Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- We work closely with developers, DBAs, build engineers, and security teams.
- We build world-class infrastructure for our high traffic, high visibility web sites and services.
- We provide operational support for critical services that enable connected experiences found across our game franchises.
- We constantly review our processes, automate wherever possible, and develop our own toolchains.
- Build and maintain Windows servers in a highly available, public facing environment.
- Manage and support .NET/ASP.NET web sites and services.
- Build and support SQL Server 2022 failover clusters.
- Manage VMware clusters.
- Manage storage systems including Pure Storage and Brocade hardware.
- Automate workflows and contribute to our significant PowerShell/DSC/Chef codebase.
- Administer monitoring systems such as CheckMK, Splunk, Grafana.
- Perform root cause analysis through multiple infrastructure layers.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Respond to critical off-hours requests in an on-call rotation.
- Proficient in PowerShell
- Experience with configuration management or infrastructure as code (Chef and Terraform preferred).
- Experience managing highly distributed, Windows-based, production environments.
- Thorough understanding of Windows Server operating system internals.
- Strong experience with IIS, SQL Server, and VMware.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and HTTP.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience supporting online gaming development and production environments.
- Linux administration experience.
- Experience with containers, Docker preferred.
- Knowledge of C# or Golang.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is committed to creating a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity and respect. In line with this commitment, Rockstar will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in order for such applicants to be considered for the position for which they are applying, as well as to qualified employees to enable them to perform the essential functions of their roles. If you need more information about Rockstar’s reasonable accommodation policies or process, or need to request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.
** For those based in Toronto, Rockstar will provide accommodations to job applicants and employees as long as such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship on Rockstar, and consistent with its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.