At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is looking to hire a Data Specialist, Game Data who is highly organized with a keen eye for detail. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studio in Andover, MA.
WHAT WE DO
- We author and manage a large portion of data used in-game and on the web. It is our responsibility to curate game data to a high level across various environments and platforms in support of the ongoing development of our games.
- We collaborate with and support a wide variety of teams across the Company to help shape the backbone of our games.
- We assist in the implementation of design requirements both in-game and on the web to support gameplay and provide a robust player experience.
- Creating, querying, and maintaining a variety of datasets.
- Contributing to the management of in-game menus and UI layouts.
- Debugging and fixing data related issues.
- Working with Live Ops on marketing events and promotions.
- Organizing and managing large inventories across game and web.
- Identifying asset requirements for various UIs and identifying cross-team dependencies.
- Coordinating required work and timelines with multiple departments.
- Testing features once implemented.
- Minimum of one year experience in a game development or data management position.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take instruction well but unafraid to use initiative.
- Candidates must be highly motivated, organized, personable, and collaborative.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge / experience with Perforce.
- Experience with task tracking software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity working with XML files and reviewing logs.
- Passion for video games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is committed to creating a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity and respect. In line with this commitment, Rockstar will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in order for such applicants to be considered for the position for which they are applying, as well as to qualified employees to enable them to perform the essential functions of their roles. If you need more information about Rockstar’s reasonable accommodation policies or process, or need to request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.