At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for an Associate Producer to support Motion Capture Production for all projects. This role will focus on organizing requests, tracking assets, and prepping materials for all Mocap sessions. Other responsibilities include supporting Producers in building and maintaining our production calendar, Assisting Producers on set, processing invoices, and record keeping for the Production Department as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and highly organized with strong inter-personal skills. We’re looking for someone that thrives in a fast paced and oftentimes fluid environment where tasks may change quickly from one day to the next depending on our production schedule. The devil is in the details, and we’re seeking someone who loves not only the fast pace of live action shoots but the minutia of pre-production work as well. This role helps build the foundation of our well-oiled mocap team and will require dedication and an eye for detailed work.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Mocap team produces all captured content for Cutscene, in-game and Gameplay animation assets.
- Organize mocap production shoots from scheduling to script prep for talent.
- Maintain a complex multi departmental tracking tool for all mocap production.
- Work in collaboration with other departments to help drive the collective vision across all Mocap content in our games.
- Ensure Safety and Talent Union compliance on set.
- Assist the on-set Producer with maintaining open channels of communication and running set, which includes daily briefings and maintaining talent and crew organization across planned content for the day.
- Maintain proprietary software to track and maintain assets and accurately track continuity across scripts.
- On set presence required at our mocap facility for all projects as needed.
- Maintain a good working relationship with performers and crew in a high stress environment.
- Prepare, update, and distribute scripts, shoot schedules, and any other materials as needed.
- Observe, assess, and work with other crew members to correct any safety issues on set.
- Maintain crew schedules and provide continuous updates to the team at large.
- Assist the Producer in hosting pre-production meetings with multiple departments.
- Help organize mocap requests across all projects, and assist the Producer in organizing material into shot lists considering performer availability, complexity of the scene and additional requirements.
- Stand in for the on-set Producer as needed.
- Take minutes for all meetings and distribute to teams.
- Assist with organizing call sheets and transportation to set for all involved.
- Help organize additional mocap sessions out of state or in other countries.
- Cross train with other teams in the department to be able to assist in Scanning, Casting or VO as needed.
- 2-3 years of on-set production or project management experience in video games, TV, theater, or film.
- At least 1 year experience as assistant producer or production coordinator.
- Experience with scheduling and project management software such as Shotgun or Monday.com.
- Can handle / manage large amounts of information.
- Strong knowledge MS Office especially Excel. (Macro knowledge a plus.)
- High level of motivation and passion for detail-oriented work.
- Self-starter who can work independently and is comfortable working in ambiguity.
- Strong drive for excellence and pride in ownership of tasked responsibilities.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of different personalities.
- Natural leader that is highly team oriented and able to step up to the plate when challenges present themselves.
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with others and lead tasks without alienating other team members.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and maintain a positive attitude.
- Natural multi-tasker who can keep a level head when things get busy.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and adjust as needed.
- Fast learner who feels comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
- Strong passion for video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Familiarity with our games.
- Fluency in another language.
- Experience working with a motion capture team.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.