At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar New England is on the lookout for passionate and talented Environment Artists to join our Set Dressing team. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Andover, Massachusetts.
WHAT WE DO
- Set Dressing is an important and highly creative role within the Environment department. We’re tasked with taking the raw material of the map and breathing life into it through the considered placement of props (including vegetation).
- We aim to add a layer of rich, naturalistic detail that balances three main objectives - looking fantastic, being fun to explore, and telling a story.
- As a member of the team, you’ll be working on a huge range of environments, from squalid back-alleys to far-flung mountains and canyons, making sure that every corner of our immersive worlds gets the level of attention it deserves.
- Pursue a high quality of both aesthetics and visual storytelling.
- Make logical and appropriate asset choices based on relevant reference and research.
- Liase and collaborate daily with members of the team, and with other dev teams.
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors.
- Proactively keep Leads and Creative Directors informed of progress and developments.
- Manage your time and deliver tasks to the expected standard within a given timeframe.
- Thoroughly review and playtest your work before submitting.
- Exceptional aesthetic sensibilities and an ability to work within limitations.
- Strong observational skills and excellent compositional skills.
- An aptitude/experience for using game engines.
- A solid understanding of game pipelines and content creation.
- Highly adaptable to evolving tools, pipelines and works flows.
- Excellent environment 3D art creation skills.
- Understanding of procedural art tools such as World Machine, Substance and Houdini
- All-around artistic expertise and flair.
- The technical ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- An interest in learning to understand and work within the restraints of the medium.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Familiarity with 3DS Max (or similar) and Photoshop.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Traditional art background/training.
- Experience working with procedural art pipelines.
- Thorough understanding and passion for Rockstar Games, and game level-building and mechanics.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.