Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Roblox’s Safety Operations team is dedicated to protecting our users and developers from individuals who want to harm other users and our platform, within the online environment and off-platform. As the Intelligence, Investigations, and Insight’s team’s lead analyst investigating behavior related to Threats of Violent Extremism (TVE) and Hate/Discrimination, your primary responsibilities will be to investigate high-risk behaviors related to these topics, work with cross-functional colleagues to proactively and reactively mitigate those behaviors, and serve as a subject-matter expert regarding users exhibiting such behaviors. You will report to the Senior Director of Moderation.
- Conduct multiple complex investigations on a weekly basis to identify the sources and methods of suspect actors and share findings with operational and cross-functional partners, NCMEC, and Law Enforcement partners as appropriate.
- Support escalations related to your area of responsibility with a fast turn-around time, provide data and content-driven insights, and implement solutions while providing timely and clear updates to Safety and company leadership.
- Collaborate with other teammates, analysts, investigators, and subject-matter experts to develop comprehensive strategies for mitigating the manifestation and impact of relevant behavior on the platform.
- Develop collaborative intelligence products that clearly and concisely explain your findings and support the development of new detection and mitigation techniques.
- Manage a specialized moderation investigation team to support your investigative work, setting goals and benchmarks to measure enforcement efficacy while identifying gaps and developing and implementing solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the latest trends and developments in global TVE/discriminatory behavior and its manifestations on online platforms in order to continually refine detection and mitigation strategies.
- 4+ Years of experience in intelligence analysis or a related field, with a focus on Violent Extremism, hate, or Criminal Investigations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to produce clear and concise intelligence products.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, social work, psychology, or related field.
- Experience working with data analysis tools or software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.