Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Source Code Management team delivers a world-class development experience to our 2000+ Roblox teammates who write, build, and ship the most incredible virtual experience platform in the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be deep in the middle of transforming development at Roblox from its solid roots to a fully scaled, globally mature code hosting and CI environment. If you are passionate about productivity and you've ever wanted to have company-wide impact with designs, code, and decisions that change how things are done - this is your opportunity! This role will report to the Senior Manager of Engineering Efficiency.
- Support, scale, and redefine Roblox's source code search, storage, review, and CI infrastructure for the next 10 years of growth.
- Design software to improve the lives of your coworkers with new local development tools, internal web apps and microservices, reusable CI workflows, productivity metrics toolchains, and integrations across many 1st and 3rd party tools.
- Lead major efforts improving the productivity and user experience of our Source and CI tools, spanning teams across Roblox engineering and helping every engineer at the company.
- Bring AI and other cutting edge tech into the daily lives of Roblox engineers, revolutionizing their ability to produce better code faster with less toil and reintroducing them to the joy of software engineering.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 6+ years work experience.
- Led end-to-end development, launch, and support of a tool or system used by other developers at scale (2000+ of engineers).
- Knowledge of source control and CI tools and infrastructure. GitHub, GitHub Actions, and Copilot experience.
- Experience working with common cloud and hosting technologies, particularly AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and Hashistack (Nomad, Vault, Terraform).
- Fluency in at least one common language (C#, Go, Python, Java).
- Passionate about the developer experience, informed by deep technical knowledge, productivity tooling experience, and a customer-focused mindset.
- Experienced working cross-functionally at scale, collaborating with teams across a company to bring solutions together.
- A team leader excited to mentor junior developers and level the team up through your evangelism of best practices and teamwork.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.