Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior QA Engineer for the Roblox Studio Foundation, you will work in a cross-discipline team that is in charge of evolving Roblox Studio to a world-class IDE. Roblox Studio facilitates instant synchronization between game developers, enables multi-party script editing, and manages a cloud-based repository that serves a global audience. You will make sure the components and features we build satisfy product specifications and don't compromise system stability or scalability.
- Report into the QA Manager
- Work with multiple engineering teams (Scripting, Rendering, Platform, Builder Tools, Game Engine) to create industry-leading quality assurance and test coverage for the Game Engine
- Make sure the Studio/Game Engine components and features we build satisfy product specifications and don't compromise system stability or scalability
- Collaborate with multiple Engineering, Product, and Design team members to create test strategies and test plans
- Manage outsourced QA teams, communicate feature testing requests, review and interpret testing results, guide communication between internal engineering teams and outsourced testing
- Create comprehensive test suites for our Roblox Studio features
- Promote and coordinate efforts from multiple teams to deliver complex testing projects
- 5+ years of QA coordination experience with offshore teams (in different time zones)
- Automation experience (Python base automation tools) - Squish, Selenium, Appium, Jenkins, Casper
- Experience testing desktop applications
- 5+ years of experience writing test plans
- 5+ years of experience leading quality effort for Application with million's of daily active users
- Skills to apply industry best QA practices, experience with QA tools
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.