Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Software Engineer on our Avatar team, you will have an immediate impact on the building blocks of Roblox itself. You will work on state-of-the-art character technologies to enhance the range of character look and behavior from the classic toy-like characters to photorealistic humans and anywhere in between. Your work will touch every part of our Avatars and how our users express themselves. If you enjoy working on C++ and graphics-related projects alongside experienced and passionate engineers, you will be right at home on our growing Avatar team.
- Develop algorithms and systems that are the foundation of character rigging, skinning, deformation and animation
- Design, build, and improve systems that affect the fit and appearance of avatar clothing and accessories
- Help partner teams adapt core functionality for geometry simplification, memory management, and rendering to avatar systems
- Balance researching new technologies with a practical approach to accomplish the research efforts into the Roblox production game engine and tools
- Develop code that improves the performance of all user-created games on the Roblox platform
- Educated: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- You have 5+ years experience in the game industry, computer graphics or related field.
- Experience working on real-time rendering, geometry, performance, character rigging or other avatar related systems.
- Systems-level: pointers, templates, and raw blocks of memory are tools to write code, not your enemies. You've worked on deep and challenging problems in complex C++ codebases.
- Responsible: You build systems that work and keep on working reliably.
- Curious: You want to learn, and stay up-to-date on technology developments.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools and functionality.
- Collaborative: You work well with people in other groups and other job functions.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.