Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Why Economy Payments & Fraud?
As a Senior Front End Applications Engineer reporting to our Engineering Manager on the Payments & Fraud team, you will guide the innovation of commerce products in the metaverse. You will use multiple full stack development languages to create extensible and scalable components and tools available on the Roblox platform.
You will integrate Roblox experiences with several different payment provider flows, supporting millions of real-money transactions and cover all of the user purchasing flows across different environments and devices. If you have experience creating inspiring, easily maintained code, you will be right at home within our dynamic and growing team.
- Build the best features used by hundreds of millions of users.
- Partner with Product and Design to ensure the product embodies the shared vision.
- Integrate console platforms such as Xbox.
- Take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycle.
- Collaborate with numerous teams to build the world's best application.
- Shape how the next generation of internet users interacts safely in the metaverse.
- 6+ years of experience in software development.
- 3+ years of experience in mobile application development.
- C++ experience, comfortable working with in a production setting
- React framework experience, either working with or familiarity with
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or another technical field.
- Curiosity to learn new technologies and systematically grow your skills.
- Familiar with Lua or Game Development is a plus
- Experience working on large-scale backend services & distributed systems is a plus
- Experienced: You have experience as a front-end or mobile apps engineer working on complex user interfaces. You have experience working on large-scale consumer applications, are comfortable integrating basic iOS/Android native functionality, and hold a BS in Computer Science or above.
- Fascinated by UX: You love to build delightful user experiences for millions of users. You care about the little details that no one notices are there.
- Curious: You are excited to work on novel solutions across UI platforms inspired by React and powered by the Roblox game engine. Learning new languages and technologies is exciting to you.
- Analytical: You love to understand how your users work with your interface and use the findings to maximize their impact.
- Versatile: You can shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone.
- Team-player: You work with and inspire others around you, leading projects for the greater team.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.