Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Engineering Manager on Engine Productivity Tools, you will design and build internal applications to help with the development, testing, configuration, and release of the Roblox engine. You will lead a team of full-stack engineers to develop innovative tools that enhance the productivity of Roblox engineers and the reliability of our applications. Your vision will help drive our tooling to a feature set and scope that rivals applications like Meta's Phabricator or Google's Borg. If you enjoy working on cross-functional projects that improve engineering quality and velocity, you will be right at home on our growing Engine team.
- Lead Engine's Productivity Tools team by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Implement engineering best practices and strategies
- Build internal tools and products with a tight feedback loop with the goal of improving the efficiency of engineering teams
- Take ownership of projects throughout their full lifecycles
- Be part of the leadership team that helps shape the direction and priorities of the Engine Productivity organization
- You will report to the Director of Engineering
- 5+ years of engineering management experience and experience hiring and growing a high-performing software engineering team
- Experience building internal applications and developer tools
- Domain expertise in web development
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.