Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Principal Product Designer on Social at Roblox, you will directly shape how Roblox players socialize, communicate, and connect in the metaverse. This is a high visibility role, responsible for defining the core experiences that promote engagement on our platform. You will help foster a collaborative environment to establish the vision with important product partner teams around the company. Most importantly, you'll improve the social experience for our users around the world at a time of incredible growth. This role is hybrid, located in San Mateo, California and reports to the Social Communication Design Manager.
- 7 + years of professional career experience as a UX or Product designer with several years A Lead or Principal designer
- A Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- Create outstanding user experiences for a global audience through mindful flows, systematic layouts, and delightful interactions
- Manage end-to-end feature design with an ability to translate abstract ideas into viable product features
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate with Design and Product leadership to establish your features and contribute to the direction of your product area
- Work with Engineering to guarantee a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Work in close collaboration with Design leadership to improve design processes
- Interview new Product Designers and inform our inclusive design hiring process
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.