Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Software Engineering Manager for Engine QA, you will work with multiple engineering teams like rendering, physics, and networking to create industry-leading quality assurance and test coverage for the Roblox engine. You will make sure the Roblox engine components and features we build satisfy product specifications and don't compromise system stability or scalability. You will coordinate testing with third-party testers, partner with other Roblox QA teams, work with automation tooling and metrics, and team up with engineers to ensure excellent quality and performance for our users. You will report directly to the Senior Engineering Director of Systems.
- Lead Game Engine's QA team by coordinating with product managers, tech leads, and individual contributors
- Validate game engine updates and software alongside a passionate engineering team.
- Manage QA teams, communicate feature testing requests, review and interpret testing results, guide communication between internal engineering teams and outsourced testing
- Create comprehensive test suites for our Game Engine features
- Set clear goals, elicit ideas from the team and encourage bets on big ideas
- Progressive QA leadership experience, with 1+ years coordinating third-party test teams, 1+ years working with test automation, 2+ years as a QA Lead, and 5+ years in Quality Assurance testing, experience training new testers and delegating tasks
- Expertise in your domain, able to apply industry best QA practices, experience with QA tools (bug tracking software, test case management software, proxy tools, performance measurement tools, build distribution tools), familiar with a variety of gaming platforms (PC/Mac desktop, iOS/Android mobile devices, consoles, VR)
- Motivate and grow others by encouraging team members to use their strengths and help them develop
- A problem-solver, with demonstrated ability to guide bug investigation, understand the impact of issues and time constraints on engineering and other teams, and design comprehensive test plans for major feature releases and ongoing regression suites
- Strategic in looking to improve tester efficiency through tooling, process, and automation
- Passionate about solving complex software engineering problems at scale
- Proficient in best practices, methodologies and tools used in the engineering in test domain
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.