Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Data Science & Analytics organization's mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, causal inference, economics, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive toolbelt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to research and develop advanced data analytics, causal inference and machine learning solutions to power the business and product innovations.
- Conduct in-depth research to address complex data-related challenges.
- Work on projects that have a real impact on our products, services, and business strategy.
- Apply your work to expedite product innovations, including in-experience experiments, friend recommendations, and dynamic resource allocation for experience servers
- Present your findings and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- PhD candidate (completing at least the third year) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or Computational Social Science.
- At Least 1 year of experience doing causal inference or deep learning or reinforcement learning via research or prior internship.
- High proficiency in SQL, Python or R
- Proficiency in big data query/processing languages and tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark, or Airflow.
- Familiarity with algorithmic scalability, including numeric approximation and sketching.
- Passion for applying scientific rigor to advance dynamic consumer products.
- Willingness to work full-time and onsite in San Mateo, CA.
- Experience in developing production solutions is a plus.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual hourly rate could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Please note that not all benefits shown below are applicable to internship opportunities.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.