Riot’s mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. We do this by continuing to evolve and deliver new experiences to players with games like Legends of Legends, VALORANT, Project L, and more. Riot is also expanding into the world of music/multimedia with the release of our animated series Arcane and music from KDA and True Damage. In short - it’s an exciting time to be a Rioter.
WHO WE ARE: The Product Management, Publishing discipline partners closely with product and publishing leaders to bring forward analyses, recommendations, solutions, products, and strategies that address complex player experience and business issues to achieve the best outcomes for players that align to company goals. We are united by our desire to build player-focused strategies that maximize business so that we’re able to serve players for the long run. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources and perspectives to ensure we’re informed by a deep understanding of who our players are in and out of the game. We work every day to make it better to be a player and are looking for a Sr Manager, Product Management, Publishing - Project L to join the game and publishing leadership team for Project L, an upcoming fighting game set in the League of Legends IP.
ROLE: As a Sr Manager, Product Management, Publishing - Project L you will be an integral part of the game leadership team and the broader Games Publishing leadership team. You will partner closely with Project L game and publishing leadership teams to drive amazing experiences for players for years to come. You will specifically be tasked with driving publishing initiatives that help us create a “game as a service” publishing strategy that benefits both the players and creates a sustainable ecosystem. You must be comfortable operating in ambiguous spaces, driving clarity, and moving with a focused sense of urgency. You need to be a strategist, builder, and–most of all–a collaborator.
- Partner with the Game and Publishing leadership to build holistic player and business outcomes for a sustainable games ecosystem
- Be a strategic partner to games leadership to drive shared outcomes across games, publishing, entertainment and esports
- Lead publishing from a launch to a “game as a service model” operating model
- Support Game leadership on long-term product vision and feature planning
- Partner closely with brand, community, and marketing creative leadership on building a player focused brand and publishing ecosystem, including possible external brand and entertainment partnerships
- Partner with brand leaders on games to ensure player experiences and marketing plans that deeply resonate with core audiences and build on the around-game experience
- Pull in and represent cross-organizational insights to inform player-focused decision making for the overall game experience
- Work hand in hand with esports to create a bespoke esports experience in support of player outcomes and product vision
- Drive partnership and collaboration between the game pushing team and regional Riot publishing offices
- Hold teams accountable on execution of cross-Riot programs in support of the game
- 7+ years of game publishing or product experience, ideally 3+ years of experience in video games leading teams through new game development or early in a game’s lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience building strategies and leading executing for competitive gaming audiences on console
- Bonus qualification: hands-on-experience within the fighting game community as a player or publisher
- Intimate knowledge of the global games landscape, current competition, innovations and trends, ever-evolving player expectations and how they impact our business.
- Well-versed in leading cross-disciplinary, global matrixed teams and able to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Deep experience in building holistic product strategy across complex experiences
- Experience leading or partnering with leaders on foundational strategic initiatives such as market/player definition, product positioning, and go-to-market planning
- Experience leading teams towards a cohesive, audience-focused vision
- Experience working on cultural brands that serve passionate audiences at a global scale
- Understanding of cultural trends across entertainment, fan and youth culture
- Experience managing P&L or multi-million dollar publishing budgets
- Experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience across console and PC platforms
- Experience regularly interfacing with C-suite executives
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games and entertainment. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.