Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Software Development Engineer
- Job Summary: This role is responsible for delivering a secure platform that enables our fans to maintain and share their data within the Pokémon ecosystem. You will work closely with your peers and partners across the company to design, plan, implement, test and maintain the account management system for one of the largest brands in the world
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Build an internet-scale user account system for Pokémon Trainers.
- Solve problems that come with expanding the reach of Pokémon around the globe.
- Create modern user experiences that let Trainers control their presence in the Pokémon ecosystem.
- Write software to integrate with current and upcoming Pokémon Products.
- Design and implement scalable microservices in a modern cloud platform.
- Learn the latest cloud technology and use it to make a resilient, performant, and secure platform.
- Opportunities for development with company funded training and certification.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of related professional experience.
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline.
- Experience with the full software development life cycle (design, implementation, deployment, maintenance).
- Familiarity with testing and debugging software in one or more languages.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to identify and learn new technology to solve problems.
- A security-first mindset.
- Strong knowledge in one or more programming languages and the ability to learn new ones.
- The ability to analyse and provide feedback to other people’s code
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between $125,000 - $148,200. The full range is $125,000 - $187,000. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.