Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Corporate Attorney
- Job Summary: Provides legal advice and counsel to the organization in support of business activities and transactions.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Provide exceptional front-line legal support in EMEA to Sales and Marketing, Localisation, Facilities, Pokémon Centre, Organized Play and other ad-hoc teams in a pragmatic and collaborative fashion.
- Research and interpret existing laws and regulations and anticipated changes to laws to guide informed decisions and reduce risk.
- Prepare and review various agreements, contracts, and other legal documents.
- Negotiate a range of commercial agreements.
- Facilitate legal team operations through the creation and maintenance of contract templates, policies, playbooks, knowledge-based articles, and performance measurement tools.
- Provide training to business teams.
- May coordinate with outside counsel to address issues requiring specialized legal input.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum Three (3) to four (4) years of relevant professional experience or a demonstrated equivalent level of expertise, with experience in commercial law, data protection, advertising and marketing law, intellectual property and e-commerce in the UK and with demonstrable experience in EMEA.
- Qualified Solicitor in the UK or another EEA equivalent jurisdiction.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Exceptional drafting, negotiation, analytical, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience innovating new processes to streamline operations and increase efficiency, transparency, and comprehension between client teams and legal.
- In-house legal team experience with a company in interactive entertainment desirable.
- Experience working with multinational corporations and/or client and possessing a demonstrably strong ability to facilitate cross-cultural communications.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English language. Additional languages desirable.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start between £51,000.00 - £60,800.00. The full range is £51,000.00 - £76,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and professional experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.