Recognized as a leader in developing mass-market titles for video game consoles, Heavy Iron Studios, Inc. is a video game developer based in Los Angeles, California originally founded as a THQ studio in 1999. Heavy Iron is now a part of Keywords Studios and under Keywords Studios’ Game Development service line, we provide game development support to many of today’s most popular game titles.
Heavy Iron has worked in close partnership over the years with developers such as Activision, Amazon Games, Bandai Namco, Epic Games, Riot Games, Square Enix, Ubisoft, and more to offer compelling, interactive gaming experiences across multiple generations of console platforms.
Heavy Iron Studios is actively looking for a Game Programmer to join our team. Game Programmers are responsible for a broad range of game programming duties, from writing low-level platform-specific code and extending our game engine, to graphics programming and implementing and tuning gameplay features. We are looking for talented C/C++ programmers who will fit well with our team and help us make great games.
Our culture promotes collaboration and we enjoy working together. We are always looking for exceptional talent for our team. We want to hear from you if you meet the qualifications and have an interest in working on exciting projects. We pride ourselves on creating quality and timely products for our partners and players.
- Excellent C/C++ skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, a related discipline, or 4 years of equivalent relevant work experience
- At least two previously shipped titles
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Thorough understanding of 3D math
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, in a team environment
- A passion to create and to work with creative teammates to build something outstanding
- Experience with Unreal UDK and Unreal Script programming
- Good all-around knowledge of computer game technology
- Proficiency in C#
- Experience developing on console or mobile in C++
- Graphics programming experience using DirectX 12, OpenGL, Vulkan or Metal
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces and tools
- Experience writing networked game code and systems
- Experience using game middleware solutions
- Knowledge of low-level programming such as graphics shaders, multithreading, and optimization
- Experience using Maya, the Maya API and MEL/Python scripting
- A passion for games
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Sick leave
- Paid vacation
- Corporate holidays, including floating holidays
- Disability coverage
- Paid Basic and AD&D insurance
- Voluntary FSA, HSA
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the dubbing and gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities
The salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and varies per state. The base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in your location. The pay range in CA is between $75,000 - $104,000.
Role Information: EN
Studio: Heavy Iron
Location: Americas, United States, California
Area of Work: Game Development
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Pattern: Remote, Hybrid