Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As a Unity Gameplay Engineer at Fortis, you’ll help us design, develop and deploy the Unity game client software at the heart of our soon-to-be-announced online game. You’ll own a significant portion of the gameplay code, and will work closely with team members of all disciplines to contribute high-quality, polished features and systems to drive the success of our project.
What you’ll achieve
- Write and maintain gameplay code through the development of the game.
- Deliver a high quality gameplay experience to end users.
- Ensure code meets the standards set by the project’s tech lead.
- Develop tests, fix bugs, and improve existing code as needed.
- Create debug and authoring tools to support team use of your systems.
- Support the launch and live operation of the game.
- Operate as an effective and supportive member of a cross-discipline game development team.
- Plan and estimate tasks as needed and deliver on the timeline you set.
- Support team members as needed with technical issues.
- Always maintain the highest level of teamwork.
- Share best practices with engineers within your team and the organization.
What you’ll need
- Extensive familiarity and prior experience with the Unity game engine and mobile game development.
- Strong coding fundamentals and understanding of data structures, libraries, and performance in C#.
- Familiarly with developing native-code Unity plugins for iOS and Android.
- Ability to write gameplay code that creates incredibly fun, engaging, and lasting player experiences.
- Must be proactive, self-directed, organized, and willing and able to learn more.
- Confidence in your work and care for the quality of what you produce.
- Mindfulness of how design decisions impact performance and user experience.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.