Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As Technical Producer you will join a growing team to help develop and release a new game. You will collaborate with all areas of the team to drive forward the project strategy. As a strong facilitator, you will own the team planning to ensure all members of the technical team have common and clear goals.
What you'll achieve
- Establish efficient processes for the tech team and vendors, and ensure proper communication between tech teams, design, and production.
- Oversee and supervise members of the tech team.
- Collaborate with the Technical Director to translate the vision into guidelines for tech outputs, with established quality control mechanisms.
- Monitor team members' adherence to the schedule, fostering a sense of ownership, responsibility, and accountability.
- Develop milestone content and realistic production schedules in collaboration with team leads and management.
- Ensure project scope is delivered as expected, resolving conflicts between schedule, capacity, and design goals.
- Collaborate with the Product Lead to enable their creative vision, establish the team, product roadmap, and talent strategy.
- Promote a healthy team culture and clarity in project vision, ensuring optimal internal and external communication.
- Maintain resource needs, build scaling structures for team growth, and lead online and in-person collaboration discussions.
What you’ll need to be successful
- 7+ years of experience in game development, live operations in production or technical management, and managing development/tech teams.
- A deep understanding of agile methodology, product management, and planning tools is essential, as well as familiarity with software like Agile, Kanban, Clickup, Asana, Jira.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively structure and track complex information, and manage full development cycles from prototyping to live ops.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This includes the ability to clearly communicate across teams, disciplines, and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working with external vendors or partners, along with a good understanding of games industry practices and development cycles.
- Team player, leading by example, capable of building productive relationships with a wide range of personality types and styles.
- Exceptional knowledge of product planning and execution, with a deep understanding of game development.
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to motivate others to find solutions in dynamic environments, and anticipating issues before they arise.
- Strong desire to build partnerships, cultivate teams and foster a great culture in transparent yet empathetic ways.
- Passion for pursuing the highest quality of work and a bias for action, particularly in the free to play game space.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.