Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As a Senior Test Lead you will be responsible for the overall test effort across an entire product or internal development team(s). Partnering with your development and support partners, you will track and manage all test deliverables for your team while managing day to day priority shifts, tracking your team’s overall effectiveness, and reporting upon results. You’ll drive various topics such as team process improvement, forecasting, and team morale while acting as a mentor to your direct team and other test leaders. You’ll partner and potentially even drive test automation and tooling solutions that benefit both your team and your overall project.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead, recruit, and mentor a large and/or complex QA team focused on our title(s) or support teams
- Work with with Production & Development leadership on priorities, upcoming objectives, and risk mitigation strategies
- Coordinate across all cross-functional teams around planning and test requirements
- Contributing to and driving automation development results. Responsible for adopting solutions directly into QA approaches.
- Identify and drives improvements across the QA team aimed at improving our quality, efficiency, or overall team dynamics
- Identify, test, track, and report KPI and user-experience trends over the course of the project
- Work with Production and Project Leads to triage and prioritize bug backlog
- Responsible for the quality of all results, workflows, and relationships for the test team
- Coordination with vendor leadership on solutions to increase productivity across QA groups
- Contributes to long term QA vision
- Showcase achievements across greater QA organization
What you’ll need to be successful
- Passion for project management, experience doing so for a large QA group or heavily technical/complex areas.
- Strong understanding of test requirements for various test methodologies, supported device platforms (mobile, PC) and services
- Strong self-direction and drive, internal desire to keep pushing for better
- Leader by default, comfort providing direction, clarity, and feedback where necessary
- Experience adopting QA automation and tooling into test process
- Passion for Video Games and the User Experience
- Minimum 4 years experience in Quality Assurance
- Minimum 2 years in a QA leadership or similar PM role
*PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IN ENGLISH*
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.