Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As the Quality Assurance Analyst for Fortis, you’ll own test execution for a dedicated project. You’ll work with a dedicated QA team to identify all test requirements, delivering against a defined test plan and reporting against any functional and expanding non-functional assignments. With training you’ll leverage existing tools or automation to assist with daily tasks. You’ll contribute to team playtests, providing objective product feedback at any stage of development. You’ll contribute to the refinement of team processes, learning to modify internal tooling, developing experience in test design and ownership around key areas of the product including partner coordination.
What you’ll achieve
- Perform all functional testing and reporting for assigned product area(s)
- Develop experience with non-functional testing including those unique to games (performance, compatibility, user experience, etc.)
- Develop experience in test design and product ownership including development coordination
- Developing experience leveraging test tools or automation (as available per project)
- Experiences onboarding new and mentoring junior team members on team or QA practices
- Ownership and direct contribution around the quality and customer experience of our products
What you’ll need to be successful
- Basic experience in functional testing roles
- Growth mindset and attitude
- Self-Initiative to give and receive feedback
- Creative / Problem solving skills
- Standard knowledge of Bugtracking tools (JIRA, Clickup, Mantis, etc.)
- Excellent English skills (both spoken and written)
- Good communication skills
- Basic PC or Mac experience
- 1+ years of experience in QA (Games preferred, not required)
- Passion for Video Games and ongoing Gamer (video/board/card, etc.)
*PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME IN ENGLISH*
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.