Who we are
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we'll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you're passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
As a Business Development Associate supporting the Corporate and Business Development team at Fortis, your responsibilities will include market/industry research, detailed analysis, creating and maintaining a target company database, and supporting all Corporate and Business Development initiatives.
Fortis’ Business Development Associate will be responsible for identifying expansion opportunities, including acquisitions, partnerships, and other strategic transactions that accelerate the growth of Fortis. We are looking for a collaborative team player with good product instincts, a strong work ethic, excellent writing and presentation abilities, and thorough knowledge and genuine interest in mobile, PC, and console gaming.
The candidate will ensure diligence in maintaining and evolving Fortis’s deal funnel and greenlight process. He or she will influence investment decisions and help secure valuable new properties that propel Fortis to new heights as a dominant force in the video game industry.
What you’ll achieve
- Identify external business opportunities to grow Fortis; conduct research on game companies; apply a data-driven approach using available market data sources (e.g., Data.ai, Sensor Tower, Crunchbase, LinkedIn)
- Create and maintain a database of independent game companies to enable Fortis to find the right opportunities at the right time; ensure information gathered from target company communications is retained and documented; formalize information retention and process for documenting developer interactions, e.g. through relationship database and regular updates to Fortis management
- Filter prospects according to Fortis selection criteria; prioritize and manage the funnel of incoming opportunities
- Stay informed on the latest game industry trends; engage with innovative and market-leading games to inform perspective; report learnings and insights
- Own Fortis’s opportunity evaluation process – gather game assets and other relevant materials from target companies, solicit and organize input from internal teams to build consensus; collect and synthesize internal evaluations
- Organize weekly pipeline meetings; rally support for key targets; propel expansion initiatives that contribute to the growth of Fortis
- Gather and review materials submitted from target companies and other supporting data; engage and promptly follow up with external inquiries
- Analyze KPIs such as revenue, retention, active users, etc.; work with the Finance team to formulate underlying assumptions and run deal models that quantify projected game P&Ls, ROI, break-even points, etc
- Prepare and inform negotiating strategy with evaluation of risks and expected returns, analysis of alternatives, and financial modeling
- Develop presentations and other materials in support of business development initiatives, including pitches that showcase Fortis’s value proposition to target companies
- Create presentations for the executive team in support of greenlight decisions, incorporating team background, game information, KPIs, financial projections, internal evaluations, market data, quantitative and qualitative deal rationale, and other relevant information
- Develop and communicate recommendations; present findings to the management team; build consensus; drive and influence decision making
- Perform rigorous, meticulous, and polished ad hoc analyses as required by Fortis management
What you’ll need to be successful
- Energetic, action-oriented self-starter that works well independently but seeks direction when appropriate
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; meticulous attention to detail on every project; ability to internalize and summarize big picture as well as minute detail
- Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills; ability to present findings and recommendations to senior leaders and internal collaborators at all levels of the organization
- Collaborative team player; adept at building relationships across organizations
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, and a love for games – the right candidate plays a wide variety of games across different genres on multiple platforms
- Strong business acumen, knowledge of video game business models, curiosity for what makes games fun and commercially successful
- Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities and drive results with limited oversight
- Ability to manage stakeholder meetings, communicate persuasively with external business partners, ask the right questions, and correctly understand the information received
- Passion for the evolution of the game industry
- Previous experience building target databases or CRM tools is a strong plus
- International work experience is a plus
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
We're not just about making Games Where You Belong. We're also about building communities where our people belong. That's why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.