Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes some of the biggest franchises in gaming. This includes blockbuster titles such as NBA2K, Borderlands, Bioshock, WWE2K, Civilization, XCOM, and more. We publish games for console systems, PCs, smartphones, tablets, and VR, and these titles fall into some of today’s most popular genres, including shooters, action, open world, RPG, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The User Research group at 2K employs an array of methodologies to give developers the feedback and tools to make better games. We are a team of passionate gamers who know, analyze, and play not just our games, but all games (the good and the bad) to identify trends and to go beyond the numbers to provide insight into our research.
What We Need:
We are looking for a User Researcher to carry out research studies on a large variety of game franchises. This involves partnering with studios to learn their needs and applying a wide assortment of research methods including playtesting, usability testing, concept testing, telemetric analysis, surveys and more.
What You Will Do:
- Deeply collaborate with various teams in both publishing and development to help tailor studies to the unique needs of each game team
- Plan and implement research studies at moments of significant impact
- Clearly and concisely deliver findings to all relevant partners, including developers and production
- Collaborate with external vendors to offer additional services
- Develop creative solutions to overcome roadblocks and develop a testing schedule that provides data early enough to make meaningful changes
Who We Believe Would Be an Excellent Fit:
- Proven track record in user experience research or usability testing
- Deep understanding of qualitative research methods
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including moderation
- Ability to analyze and visualize quantitative data and transform it into actionable insights
- Proven experience with stakeholder management
- Strong comprehension of multiplayer live service shooter games
Preference for Candidates with:
- A BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, Statistics, or another related field
- SPSS, Salesforce, and Tableau experience
- Experience in the video games industry, especially AAA console/PC products
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $80,000 and $115,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.