Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join the 2K Product & Monetization team and work alongside 31st Union on their new AAA IP. In this role, you will act as a central point of contact to translate business and player needs into technology feature requirements and solutions for our central technology team (2K Core Tech).
You will report into the 2K Product Management team supporting 31st Union and be responsible for partnering with Core Tech on developing features & defining studio requirements for the game. Your role will be responsible for collaborating effectively across multiple subject areas and teams (game studio, Product, Marketing, Data & Analytics, Production, central technology), deeply understanding & anticipating their technical needs, in order to partner effectively with our Core Tech team on the right solutions. Our ideal candidate will possess a strong product management background, technical understanding of games, and ability to create cross-functional alignment.
What You Will Do
- Define technical requirements for game features & value:
- Gather inputs for solutions, requirement, and decisions across Publishing partners (31st Union, Product, Marketing, Analytics, Ops)
- Drive to solution and requirement decisions by representing the needs of Publishing partners to 2K’s central technology team (Core Tech)
- Understand Core Tech’s roadmap and centralized portfolio of products and services and ensure they meet the needs of 31st Union’s product, marketing, and data teams
- Direct the creation of feature requirements with functional and non-functional focus to deliver the optimal player experience and business goals
- Lead alignment across the Publishing & 31st Union teams on cross-functional solutions
- Serve as the champion of the player experience context to the 2K Core Tech organization
- Product Planning & Delivery
- Develop and maintain a roadmap for this game’s technology product delivery & discovery prioritization
- Present and lead alignment of tradeoffs with decision makers
- Validate features against goals and bring up potential risks and blockers
- Partner with teams on feature sizing & prioritization
- Feature Optimization
- Partner with data team to analyze results and apply key findings for future feature requirements
- Drive ongoing improvements to product performance
- Provide Technical Expertise:
- Possess a strong technical background with the ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate effectively with engineering teams.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in game features to inform product strategy
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Develop strong, positive partnerships with partner teams across 2K, including studio development, game production, marketing, and platform integration teams.
- You will inspire trust and confidence in your ability to deliver through clear and proactive communication, customer empathy, and reliable execution
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Data-informed decision maker who is able to balance business priorities, customer perspective, resources, capacity, and partner needs
- Able to manage ambiguous environments, create clarity, and build alignment, using collaboration, inﬂuence and education to get results
- Familiarity with defining features
- 3-5+ years in product management, building and delivering technical software products
- Eagerness to learn and excited to grow as a product and team leader, and equally excited about growing talent in others. Committed to cultivating a fun and fulfilling environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in the gaming industry with an understanding of game development
- Previous experience working on gaming features
- Familiarity partnering with centralized technology teams
- Interested, engaged, and learned with the market space and what’s going on in our industry - including constantly updating that understanding
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform their essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.