Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need:
Are you an experienced video game engineer and teacher who is extremely organized, creative, a strong communicator with an interest and ability in mentoring? Do you want to work in a fun, creative and constantly changing environment? If so, look no further!
Reporting into the 2K Training Program Manager, the Engineering Instructor will be primarily responsible for the ongoing training and development of 25 junior engineers who as part of an Engineering Graduate Program will progress through a 21-month rotational program every 6 months, including international assignments (US, Europe, UK). This program operates out of two base locations (San Francisco and Dublin). This program is designed to drive a constant influx of engineering talent into the 2K business.
This role will lead the technical training for the programme, including overseeing high volume technical training, in-depth reviews of the performance of each engineer , including performance feedback, collaborating with senior leadership in program management, and identifying permanent career paths for our graduates.
The ideal candidate must thrive in an evolving environment. They must demonstrate inclusive behaviors, creativity, have program management expertise, be results-oriented and metric goal setting with a bias for action.
This is a full-time position. The working hours will require a high degree of coordination between the Novato and Dublin offices with a significant investment in early working hours (0700 at a minimum). Hybrid working arrangements are available but full time onsite may be required during some periods (such as graduate orientation weeks). Some international travel will be required.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and update program plans, budgets and resource plans ensuring alignment with program requirements.
- Manage and proactively report on plan, budgets, inclusive sourcing, recruitment progress, graduate performance, rotation experience and conversion tracking and progress. Maintain and present metrics to senior leadership.
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to develop and implement creative recruitment strategies to ensure we target and recruit the best candidates and enhance the company's diversity.
- Lead and influence conversations with senior leaders and management to identify rotation requirements, program planning and provide updates to ensure alignment and progress.
- Manage rotation schedules ensuring operational needs are met and graduate experience is optimal
- Own international rotation processes, collaborating with international stakeholders and external partners.
- Mentor graduates by providing timely and effective performance feedback and early career guidance.
- Coordinate and support engaging, high quality, innovative, and timely development opportunities (training, special projects, communications, speakers, events, workshops)
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Unreal Engine experience required
- Game development experience (shipped titles) required
- Sophisticated programming experience in C/C++
- Foundational knowledge of Scripting languages (C#, Lua, Perl, Python)
- Experience on console development (Nintendo, Sony, Xbox)
- Analytics/debugging experience (PIX, RAD, Visual Studio)
- Proven familiarity with 3D math, audio processing, graphics and physics
- Familiarity with AI, data manipulation, file systems, networking, streaming
- Ability to manage large codebases with multiple branches
- Ability to quickly locate, replicate, and fix taxing bugs
- Design, coordinate and execute technical training for all team members.
- Ability to collaborate, influence and deal effectively with a diverse group of team members at all organizational levels
- Experience interacting and building relationships with technical team members.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Proven ability to lead, develop and drive projects from scope to delivery
- Effective time management, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Project management experience ideally supporting programs developing early career talent
- Passionate video game enthusiast
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in computer science
- A desire to stay current with leadership and learning and development best practices to elevate the program experience.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $110,000 and $145,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.