Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Technical Product Manager to join our 2K Core Tech team. In this role, you will own the strategy and development of our Software Development Kit (SDK) and play a pivotal role in driving developer engagement and developer integration with our backend-as-a-service platform. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in product management, deep technical expertise, and a passion for creating innovative solutions that empower developers and enhance our product offerings.
What You Will Do
- SDK Strategy and Development:
- Define and execute a comprehensive strategy for the development, evolution, and integration of our SDK, aligning it with business goals, developer needs, and industry best practices.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of a strategic roadmap for the SDK, considering market trends, competitive landscape, and customer feedback.
- Developer Integration:
- Develop and implement initiatives to simplify studios integration patterns with our SDK.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather feedback, understand user needs, and iterate on the SDK to enhance the 2K studio developer experience.
- Provide Technical Expertise:
- Possess a strong technical background with the ability to understand complex technical concepts and communicate effectively with engineering teams.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in SDK development to inform product strategy.
- Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Develop strong, positive partnerships with stakeholder teams across 2K, including studio development, game production, marketing, and platform integration teams.
- You will inspire trust and confidence in your ability to deliver through clear and proactive communication, customer empathy, and reliable execution.
- Cross-Product Strategy Ownership:
- Take ownership of the strategic vision across multiple product areas, ensuring alignment with overall company objectives and customer feedback.
- Collaborate with product managers in different areas, providing guidance and leadership to drive cohesive SDK and developer integration strategy.
Who We Believe Will Be An Excellent Fit
- 5-8+ years in product management, building and delivering technical software products with a strong focus on API development.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with client libraries, SDKs, APIs, and making them work together efficiently.
- Familiarity with defining features for multiple different languages/libraries.
- Comfortable presenting to senior management and key stakeholders and building support for your ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, ideally in a related field.
- Eagerness to learn and excited to grow as a product and team leader, and equally excited about growing talent in others. Committed to cultivating a fun and fulfilling environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves.
- Experience in the gaming industry with an understanding of game development and different engine technologies.
- Previous experience with SDK development, API design, and integration
- Familiarity partnering with console or mobile platform providers, certification and requirements, XRs, TRCs, etc.
The pay range for this position in [insert state] at the start of employment is expected to be between $120,000 and $150,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.