Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
Mass Media is the premier engineering group for 2K Publishing’s Global Services. Since 1995, we’ve developed deep and multifaceted engineering expertise in video games. Whether it's platform optimization, multiplayer/networking, rendering, console certification, tools, and pipelines – we’ve done it all! Because we're part of Global Services Technology, we're at the heart of all our games. We provide the engineering to support the matrix of platforms and storefronts of today, innovative technical solutions to the problems of tomorrow, and connective tissue across 2K's studios! In short, when some of the best studios in the world have needs, we can answer the call.
What We Need
We are looking for a passionate software engineer who has a high bar for the quality of their code as well as a desire to make outstanding games. In this role you will collaborate with fellow engineers and producers to address a wide variety of engineering challenges such as online multiplayer, performance optimization, and console porting. If you're looking to expand your skill set, push your limits in taking on the toughest problems that no one else wants to tackle, and get your hands on some exceptional IP, then this is right position for you.
What You Will Do
- Drive designated software development projects across the 2K ecosystem, occasionally supporting multiple at the same time
- Lead implementation of in-game functionality across multiple console platforms and PC storefronts
- Collaborate with programmers across 2K to build tools, architect and establish gameplay frameworks, address systemic issues and implement new features
- Analyze game performance and implement optimizations in both high and low-level code to compensate
- Design and build standalone tools as needed to assist project development
- Help design and implement code for multi-processor environments
- Uplevel the team through mentorship and collaborative exploration to achieve team, project, and studio goals
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++
- Strong experience with Unreal Engine Development
- Expert in multi-threaded architecture
- High level of comfort working in large codebases with multiple branches
- Quick adaptability to new coding environments and programming standards
- Debugging experience with an ability to quickly locate, replicate, and fix bugs (PIX, RAD, Visual Studio)
- Experience developing on and shipping at least two console titles (Nintendo, Sony, Xbox)
- Proven familiarity with essential game technology systems such as 3D math, audio processing, graphics and physics
- Passionate video game enthusiast
- Scripting languages (C#, Lua, Perl, Python)
- Audio experience (Fabric, FMOD, Wwise)
- Engine experience (CryEngine, Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Physics experience (Bullet, Havok, PhysX)
- Working experience in multiplayer gaming
- Source control experience (GitHub, Perforce, SVN)
- Familiarity with AI, data manipulation, file systems, networking, streaming
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $100,000 and $150,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.