Cloud Chamber is looking for a discerning Senior Narrative Editor to collaborate with the Narrative Team, deftly editing scripts and all manner of text to a high standard of quality. You will partner with senior writers with a focus on enabling them to produce their best writing, and mentor more junior writers in developing their craft. You will collaborate with other departments to ensure the work of the Narrative Department strengthens and blends with theirs to create the most immersive experience possible. Whether working with members of the Narrative Team or other departments, you must be able to structure narratives for a high-impact, cohesive, memorable, and meaningful player experience.
- Edit dialogue and UI text with a focus on standardization, structure, tone, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Streamline and track the iteration process.
- Maintain a game-wide understanding of the narrative to ensure clarity, cohesion, and consistency between writers and across departments.
- Support and collaborate with the Narrative Team to deliver high-quality content that meets story and gameplay needs.
- Develop, document, and edit style guides and content-creation processes.
- Help create and organize narrative production pipelines.
- Vet writing, prepare scripts and casting documents before going to recording or LOC according to approved checklists.
- Help develop and unify the presentation of the IP branding.
- Review work and offer clear feedback to guide the Narrative Team in their writing in order to create compelling characters, themes, and arcs.
- Support and facilitate the legal review and approval process.
- Support the team with geopolitical research and consultations.
Skills, Experience et Qualifications:
- Passion for storytelling, player engagement, and shipping stories that matter.
- 5+ years of experience as an editor, with a focus on writing and editing for AAA games, having shipped a minimum of 2 AAA titles.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a strong understanding of AAA needs.
- A proven eye for spotting typos, errors, and opportunities to strengthen writing.
- A stickler for detail.
- Propensity to nimbly edit work to meet deadlines.
- Experience mentoring writers.
- Ability to work across departments with a variety of personalities.
- Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks at once.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.