Cloud Chamber is looking for an accomplished engineer to work closely with the design team to create, develop and maintain compelling and immersive gameplay systems which fulfill our creative ambitions. You will also partner with the production team to assess technical risk and develop mitigation strategies to ensure a velvety smooth production cycle.
You are a nimble engineer; fluent across all disciplines and able to assist and support your team to achieve their respective ambitions.
Our hope is that you are excited to work in an iterative, experimental paradigm, and comfortable taking risks, being flexible, and able to pivot when necessary. You should be familiar with the demands of the role, but still curious to learn and improve.
- Help own and direct development of Player systems (weapons, base verbs, etc).
- Partner closely with design, engineering, animation, and audio to further the goals of the project.
- Mentor more junior engineers, help train them into more senior capabilities.
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine.
- Work in Unreal 5 to build new technology and adapt existing systems to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Maintain the values of Cloud Chamber.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years industry or related experience.
- Previous experience being a strong contributor to a gameplay engineering team.
- Strong 3D Math skills with expert C/C++ experience.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Wide range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, physics, camera, animation, audio, etc.).
- Current console experience.
- Strong understanding and familiarity with current Unreal Engine technology desired.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to take initiative to communicate, coordinate, and negotiate between different disciplines with kindness and respect.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with communication skills to express clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace change for a fast-growing organization.
- Uncompromising ethics and unwavering integrity.
- Champion of high standards, pushing for progress, embracing change, and challenging the status quo.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. Below are the expected salary and wage ranges for applicants based in locations where the pay transparency law is in effect:
Colorado: $76,500 and $150,000 per year
California: $87,400 and $175,000 per year
New York State (inclusive of New York City): $98,400 and $185,000 per year
Washington: $76,500 and $137,700 per year
Base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, 4 including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.