Cloud Chamber is looking for a talented Senior Writer to join our hard-working Narrative Team to bring the world of BioShock to life once again! You will collaborate closely with internal teams, with the support of the Narrative Leads, to craft memorable narrative arcs, write dialogue, and breathe life into our characters. You have a deep well of experience writing for AAA games, and a love for telling meaningful, character-driven stories and an interest in crafting memorable dialogue.
The focus of this role is to produce strong writing that represents the interdisciplinary teams’ braided intentions. We are looking for someone that is equipped to provide guidance to other members of the team when requested.
- Own and drive key areas of narrative content. This will involve actively collaborating with Artists, Designers, and other specialties to build a forceful player experience, one that braids development disciplines into a compelling interdisciplinary story.
- Produce high quality dialogue/scripts for all tiers of narrative (critical path, supporting content, systemics, etc.).
- Develop and/or create characters, while also working with naming and branding in the game.
- Work with the Narrative Designer to improve narrative systems, and with other collaborators to develop quests and quest chains.
- Assist in the development and improvement of workflows, pipelines, and processes.
- Create and maintain all related documentation.
- Champion the game's narrative vision to other departments during brainstorm sessions, reviews, and other meetings as necessary.
- Provide significant and valid feedback, in a respectful fashion, to the Narrative team and Design during play sessions.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Credits as a Senior Writer on multiple shipped projects, with at least one AAA title.
- Knowledge of branching narrative and a deep understanding of the intersection of Art, Design, and Narrative in games.
- Skilled at curating impactful player experience and bringing the most value out of existing narrative systems.
- Strong writing skills, particularly in dialogue.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, to ensure decisions and adjustments are reported and shared throughout the team.
- Collaborative, flexible and empathetic.
- Experience in improving and developing pipelines, workflows, and processes.
- Independent and autonomous, with the ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem-solve with minimal direction.
- Must take critics and feedback well and be able to produce quickly and make quality revisions.
- A passion for games as a storytelling medium.
Writing samples (preferably 3-4) will be required in order to interview for this role.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.