Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Character Technical Animator to work closely with the animation and engineering teams to push the creative vision and technical boundaries. You have an extensive background in character rigging and animation, and possess a profound understanding of human anatomy and kinesiology, enabling you to expertly craft realistic and expressive animations. With a proven track record in the industry you are well known for meticulous attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams to bring digital characters to life.
- Engage with stakeholders to align on objectives and develop scalable solutions that optimize content authoring workflows.
- Craft advanced character rigs and systems, while upholding high standards in performances and optimization for Unreal Engine.
- Implement characters and features within Unreal Engine, like physics, RBF driver setups, modular character setups, procedural rigging, etc.
- Create and oversee an industry-leading character rigging pipeline and toolset, continuously exploring and integrating next-generation technologies.
- Mentor team members on best practices for rigging and tooling by sharing your expert-level knowledge.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- A strong portfolio that adequately reflects this experience.
- Solid knowledge of Maya Python API, including knowledge of the standard library, Qt toolkit (PySide, PyQt), and common 3rd Party Libraries and frameworks required.
- A deep understanding of human kinesiology and anatomy, including the underlying muscles, bone structure, and how they contribute to animation fundamentals.
- Mastery in deformations, FK/IK systems, set driven keys, and blendshape creation to achieve a wide range of character performances.
- Proficient with modeling and topology adjustments related to skin deformations.
- Proficient in DCC tools and software with a keen understanding of their downstream implications.
- Understanding the importance of documenting workflows and sharing knowledge.
- Experience working with Unreal and Unreal Python API and/or C++.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.
This is a fully remote role that may be based anywhere in the United States. Below are the expected salary and wage ranges for applicants based in locations where the pay transparency law is in effect:
Colorado: $70,000 and $130,000 per year
California: $90,000 and $165,000 per year
New York State (inclusive of New York City): $90,000 and $165,000 per year
Washington: $70,000 and $130,000 per year
Base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, 4 including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.