Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment.
Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish.
We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
What We Need
We are looking for a passionate Senior Character Artist to join our team to help us define the benchmark for game characters in the recently announced TopSpin 2K25 title! Working in collaboration with the Lead Senior Character Artist to help to define, develop and maintain the game character assets. The Senior Character Artist will also work across departments such as Technical Art, Animation, Cutscenes, Code, and QA departments to create the best possible result in the final game.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner with the Lead Character Artist and Technical Artists to develop best practices for our character pipeline
- Create beautiful character assets from concept art, 3D scan data and reference materials
- Adapt to the realistic style of the project
- Collaborate with other Art departments (especially animators Technical Artists and cutscene editors)
- Keep track of the latest pipelines and tools in the given discipline
- Supervising, mentoring and nurturing Associate and Mid-level Artists
What We’re Looking For
- Impressive portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities with focus on realistic characters
- Significant experience working in the game industry
- Excellent knowledge of Maya (or 3ds Max or Blender), ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, facial expressions, ability to capture the personality
- Excellent knowledge of sculpting, possibly trained in traditional drawing or painting
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Interest in developing sport videogames
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please note that 2K Games and Hangar 13 never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and Hangar13Games.com accounts.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.