Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
We are looking for a versatile and experienced Senior Applied Scientist to join the Applied AI team and lead efforts on in-game economy structure, development and optimization. You will be working with our Visual Concepts, HB and other 2K Studio partners to design, manage, diagnose and optimize in-game economies for NBA 2K, WWE 2K, PGAT 2K and future unannounced 2K Sports titles. If you have a passion for video games, AI/ML technologies, and applying advanced scientific techniques to real-world problems, this is the role for you.
- Collaborate with game developers, product managers, and analysts to identify applications of data science, machine learning, economics, and statistics in areas such as game economy health, balancing and intervention, in-game marketplace pricing and mechanism design.
- Research, develop, and refine ML algorithms, and apply optimization, econometric, or simulation techniques to optimize game design, balance, and player experiences.
- Evaluate the performance and impact of your solutions, via designing and conducting experiments when necessary.
- Communicate your recommendations with devs and live services partners. Drive cross-functional collaboration to implement the solutions in games.
- Collaborate with engineers to deploy AI/ML solutions, integrate with games or streamline decision-support insights.
- Master's or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, Operations Management, Decision Sciences, or a related field, and
- Demonstrated ability in machine learning, data science, economist, or applied research roles. Strong knowledge of ML techniques and algorithms, including both traditional machine learning and deep learning.
- Proficient in Python and ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn. Experienced with SQL, relational database, and tabular datasets.
- Solid background in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometrics.
- Decent understanding of video game mechanics and virtual economy.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on video game-related AI/ML or data science projects, game design, or game economy balancing.
- Experience in pricing optimization and revenue optimization.
- Background or experience in mathematical optimization, reinforcement learning, imitation learning, and simulation.
- Specialty in economics fields such as mechanism design, market design, or auction theory.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.