Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment.
Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish.
We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
What We Need
We are looking for an experienced Production Director to lead the production team on the latest instalment in the Mafia franchise!
Reporting into the Studio Production Director and working alongside the other project discipline directors to be responsible for all aspects of the production requirements for the game. Leading a team of producers to plan, track and assess tasks and progress; communicate these details up to the studio leadership team and 2K with confidence; and be the inspiring voice of production to the multi-discipline development team.
Bringing the skills and experience of video game production having worked on multiple console titles over the course of your career. As a Production Director, you’ll have a demonstrable management track record and the ability to support, develop and inspire teams. Possessing experience of all stages of development, and be as comfortable managing submission plans and triaging bugs as you are working with taking an early concept and helping to flesh out an initial staff month forecast.
It is expected to be flexible, highly motivated and approachable, with excellent communication skills honed by your experience of leading teams. While game development can be unpredictable in its nature, you believe that credible, accurate plans are a realistic requirement for a development team to succeed.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the production team on the latest release in the Mafia franchise - Manage internal and external teams across multiple locations to meet production schedules and deliver the project to quality, time and budget expectations
- Work closely with Producers to develop staff month budgets and schedules across the team
- Partner with the Studio Production Director to ensure H13 core development processes are adhered to with consistency
- Regularly present production updates to studio leadership, keeping all parties informed of progress, risks and requirements
- Encourage and empower the development team to hit their goals, be aware of their deadlines, while maintaining expected quality levels
- Be a calm head during the inevitably bumpy journey that is AAA videogame development
- Mentor producers at all levels of the team, taking a keen interest in their growth and career development
- Ensure that coherent goals are set for the team from milestone to milestone, and that they are understood and delivered upon
- Act as the liaison with the production team at 2K to ensure they are always aware of plans, features, and timelines
- Cultivate and maintain a global team spirit across locations
- Nurture a diverse, welcoming, and inclusive team
- Be part of a positive, solution-focused environment, actively identifying and prioritising issues as they arise
What We’re Looking For:
- Extensive experience in the video game industry producing and developing console games from conception to release
- Experience as a Lead-level Producer or higher shipping at least one AAA console game.
- Knowledge of industry-standard project management methodologies (waterfall, agile, etc.) and the value and place of each
- Experience leading an internal, multidisciplinary development team or an area of development that interacts with multiple disciplines
- Experience with steering ambiguous ideas into actionable items
- Experience identifying and navigating through project risk, whether game-related or business (operations/publishing/legal/etc.)
- Significant knowledge of game development pipelines
- Strong analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, combining leadership and diplomacy -- teamwork-oriented with a positive attitude and outlook
- Passion and love for videogames!
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that Hangar 13 and 2K never use instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.