Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
Material Artist for Next-Gen Videogames 2K Valencia
What We Need:
Global Services, 2K’s worldwide centralized services group, is a diverse group of teams offering varied services from locations all over the world. Our Global Services 2K Valencia studio is seeking a Material Artist who is ready for the challenge contributing to several AAA projects!
This position will require working closely with producers and Lead Artists within the 2K Valencia studio, as well as external art-teams all over the world.
We’re looking for someone who’s motivated and passionate about making high quality games. We’re constantly challenging ourselves to push the boundaries and looking for someone who is up for that challenge as well!
- Work with Producers, Lead Artists, and other Artists both internally and externally, to support the materials needs in accordance with the project's artistic direction and game design philosophies.
- Create Base materials in Substance Designer and incorporating them to our material library and well as Substance Painter library.
- Creatively and technically maintain the quality standards for the project(s) and feel confident to develop your own skills and mentor these of the team around you.
- Proactively report blockers or request feedback.
- Self-regulate your workload while completing time sensitive requests & resolve any issues that arise.
- Use proprietary software for tasks such as refining the look of materials within our engine.
- Proactively seek feedback to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Material Artist within the video games industry
- Strong application and knowledge of Substance Designer, Substance Painter and/or other art creation tools.
- Good understanding of videogame development workflows and have preferably worked on at least one released title.
- Extremely proficient in the creation of high-quality, clean, and efficient material assets.
- Portfolio demonstrating examples of Materials Art for game production.
- Skillful in creating both hard surface and organic materials.
- Can work in a team as well as an individual, being able to communicate well and having a proactive attitude are a must.
- Strong work ethic with good communication skills.
- Fluent English both in speech and in writing.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the material editor in UE5.
- Experience with working with modular assets.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.