HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf – presently working on Console and PC. We have an opportunity for a Lead 3D Artist to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development!
As a Lead Environment 3D Artist, you will collaborate across Art, Production and Design to lead all Vegetation and Terrain deliverables while ensuring high quality work that meets the visual target of desired platforms.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of artists in achieving operational milestones by delegating and tracking work daily.
- Plan and review tasks for assigned areas and communicate progress of work and roadblocks that could impact agreed upon schedules.
- Support and unblock the art team with feedback and expertise that fosters an environment for people to develop and build their best work.
- Collaborate with our Outsource Manager and external art resources on the delivery and integration of assets.
- Create and maintain documentation that can train and guide internal and external developers on pipeline and tools.
- Drive the team in a cohesive direction in ensuring all assets are optimized in regard to performance and standard methodologies.
- Craft high and low-poly 3D models and assets using innovative techniques and pipelines.
- Research industry developments and explore new tools and techniques to improve efficiency and content production.
- Build positive working relationships and participate in team meetings.
- Mentor and guide less experienced team members.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Typically 6 to 8+years of 3D Art experience in the games industry.
- Experience leading internal and external teams.
- Proven experience creating environments and vegetation for video games.
- Experience with Project Management (Shotgrid, Jira, Confluence) tools.
- Experience with Source Control (Perforce or Git) software.
- Expert technical experience working with Art tools and pipelines. (i.e. Maya, ZBrush, Speed Tree, Substance Sampler/Designer, World Machine/Gaea and Photoshop).
- An effective communicator in both verbal and written forms.
If you are interested in joining HB Studios, please apply today with your resume and portfolio!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.