Who We Are
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need
2K Publishing's Global Services Technology (GST) group is looking for an Expert-level Unreal Engineer to help elevate the knowledge and application of UE5 both within our department across our portfolio. In this role, candidates will serve the organization as a domain expert in Unreal. We need candidates that bring a passion for teaching, sharing and mentoring. We need you to be equally proficient in both hard and soft skills. You will be an advocate for development standards, while also understanding when it's ok to be flexible.
What You Will Do
- Mentor the internal GST team, serving as the go-to authority on Unreal Engine within the organization - staying fresh with the latest engine features and development practices
- Consult with development teams to understand project goals and requirements.
- Provide direction and advice on technical decisions, architecture, and workflow optimization to ensure successful Unreal Engine integration
- Set high standards for code quality, performance, and maintainability
- Assist our partner studios to resolve difficult technical issues, optimize performance, and address Unreal Engine-related challenges
- Coordinate and provide training sessions, workshops, and presentations to increase Unreal Engine expertise
- On occasion, lead a small strike team to help address targeted challenges and opportunities in a particular project
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 8+ years of engineering experience in Games
- At least 2 shipped titles using Unreal Engine, with 1 in some leadership capacity
- A broad knowledge of Unreal's internals, with a deep knowledge in a few subsystems (rendering, AI, networking, etc.)
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and mentoring skills
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $$155,800 and $220,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.