At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Foothill Ranch, Irvine, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, Boise, Seoul and Parksville, Canada are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you love working deep in a game engine? Making groundbreaking systems to push games to the limit? Are you inspired working in a team of highly skilled designers, artists, and engineers to make beloved AAA titles with massive player bases? So are we!
Our Budapest studio is looking for an Expert-level Unreal engineer to join the team. As the domain expert within the organization, you'll serve as an Unreal evangelist for major AAA titles, contributing toward the sophisticated implementation and broad understanding of UE5 across many of our teams.
What You Will Do
- Provide direction and advice on technical decisions, architecture, and workflow optimization to ensure successful Unreal Engine integration
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
- Work with design, production, technical leads, artists, and other engineers to implement systems used by our top AAA tiles, taking unreal engine to the next level
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of new and current games on the platform
- Collaborate with our current engineers to tackle complex technical issues, optimize performance, and overcome challenges related to Unreal Engine.
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Mentor the internal team, acting as the primary authority on Unreal Engine, staying updated with the latest engine features and development practices
- Optimize iteration times, and improve existing systems for performance, memory usage, and user experience
- Prototype and iterate on features
Who Would Be A Good Fit:
- 10+ years of experience in Unreal Engine game development
- Proficient in C++, python and Blueprint; Knowledge of Modern C++ Methodologies
- Self-motivated, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Collaborative; able to work with content creators
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title using unreal engine
- Passion for systems and design
- Love for video games (not just ours!)
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $155,800 and $220,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com